What is your cluster? Which accumulation of enterprises?
- Tourist companies in 3 geographical areas – the coast regions Roslagen, Åboland archipelago, Läänemaa-Hiumaa-Saaremaa.
- A Baltic Sea tourism cluster
- “Destinations” as Clusters – the cluster thought already exists within destinations.
- Branding of destinations/clusters – make the area well known, gather under a common “brand”
- Archipelago as a unique and common culture * Cluster – could be a common idea that connects us
Which goods and services are you selling?
- Accomodation – Bed and Breakfast
- Interior design
- Souvernirs Nature Trips
- Eco Tourism
- Active tourism
- Horse riding
- Local food
- Guest harbour
- Tourist office
- Cultural activities
- Scuba diving
- Adventure tourism
- Swimming, beach life
What information and knowledge do we exchange?
- How to run tourist companies
- New products
- New ideas – other ways of doing things can inspire. Example from B&B with homebaked bread and teapot in the room, a nice experience one can bring home and develop in the own business.
- Inspire each other
- Common values
- Lifestyle – Example; we share choices like the fact we have chosen to live in the archipelago/coastal area.
- Different lifestyles of entrepreneurs
- How to package an experience
- How to expand the seasons? – Marketing, it is a joint challenge for the tourism entrepreneurs to expand the seasons.
- Mild climate
- Global trends
2. What is your innovation system?
A platform of which actors?
- Tourism organisations
- Supporting Organisations – NGO’s
- Tourism entreprenurs
- Visitors, identity, categories
- Educational institutions
- The Quadruple Partnership
Jointly developing what knowledge?
- Strategy for development
- Cross border knowledge
- Share culture
- Cross border cultural knowledge – gender – cross gender knowledge and similarities
- Make tourism industry visible – it create many new jobs (example from Sweden where it creates more jobs than the car industry which the government supports a lot)
- General marketing for an area – destination.
Jointly promoting what kind of innovations?
- Commonalities of regional clusters
- What can be sold?
- A new understanding of how innovations are created
- Soft products – hard products
- “Soft” projects can promote “hard” results (Quadruple is an example of that)
- A common website – common multi tools / booking/ marketing