Project specific aims
- Support women’s entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Stimulate entrepreneurship and businesses development through networking and internationalization.
- Develop and position the tourist sector.
- Initiate cluster processes with a focus on creative connections (cross-fertilization) between the tourist sector and information and communication technology (ICT).
- Analyze policies and programs for entrepreneurship, innovation, cluster promotion from a gender perspective.
- Further development of gender mainstreaming for clusters and innovation systems.
- Promote the knowledge exchange and cooperation between actors in the Central Baltic region in the areas mentioned above.
- Entrepreneurship and innovation in the tourist sector would be promoted in Quadruple with a specific focus on micro enterprises (0-10 employees) and women led businesses. Different mobile technology applications for the tourist sector should be further developed within the project framework taking into account the needs expressed by the entrepreneurs, innovators and end users.
Project qualitative objectives
- Increase the insight amongst business promoters and decision makers in Central Baltic about the connections between gender equality and regional growth.
- Increase the potential for growth in women led businesses by interregional (international) co-operation, the project itself focus on the tourist industry.
- Develop ICT applications for the tourist sector based on gender design and the needs expressed by entrepreneurs and tourists.
- Influence policies to increase women’s possibilities to participate in cluster initiatives in the Central Baltic region.
- Increase the knowledge amongst business promoters and policy makers on methodologies for gender mainstreaming in clusters and innovation systems.
Project quantitative objectives
- A well established transnational network between NGOs, municipalities and researchers.
- A platform for gender equal cluster initiatives in the Central Baltic region and a method box with examples of strategies, work practices and tools for working with gender equal clusters and innovation systems.
- A tailor made development program for entrepreneurs and innovators within the tourist sector with 20 participants from each country.
- 3 pilot tests of mobile solutions.
- A well established interregional network between entrepreneurs.
- The idea is to apply a Quadruple Helix perspective in the project i.e. Triple Helix (interplay between industry, university/academy/research, public sector/government/politics) combined with a fourth dimension in terms of non governmental organizations/ consumers/citizens – in other words; the civil society. A Quadruple perspective is especially important for development of the tourist sector since the customers often are active in designing their own service and the sector is dependent on the “local community”.
Quadruple will have different teams implementing the project:
- Multi-Actor Partnerships (MAPs) with “associated” partners.
- Promoter Teams with business advisors, innovation managers and cluster coaches.
- E-teams with entrepreneurs and innovators, mainly women led businesses.
- Research groups.
These teams will work in parallel and joint meetings will be arranged both in between different teams and on transnational level. These teams are arenas for exchange of explicit and tacit knowledge, new ideas and joint strategies and activities.