BalticFem in EU-project Emanzipar
Friday March 28th, 2008 the kick-off meeting of EU-project Emanzipar was held in Strasbourg, France.
BalticFem is partner in the project that is led by the Spanish association ASAEL (Asociación Aragones de Entidades Locales). Eight other associations are also involved, namely ALDA (The Association of Local Democracy Agencies) with headquarters in France, Province of Reggio Emilia in Italy, Auxilium in Austria, BD Center in Poland, Local Councils’ Association in Malta, Bauska District Council in Latvia, Harrow Council in London, UK and Larnaca Disctrict Development Agency in Cyprus.
The main goal of Emanzipar is to stimulate the active citizenship of european youngsters. This will be done by:
- organizing workshops in each participating country,
- collecting ten best practices from each country,
- developing a website for the project,
- producing a magazine for the project; and
- arranging a transnational conference in Zaragoza in 6-7 November 2008.
You can read more about the project partners and the network and its goals on the website www.emanzipar.eu